The loss of critical data can be a devastating experience. Thanks to DriveSavers for the following tips!
1. Back up, back up, back up! Always keep a current copy of your data on another type of storage media. Test and verify your backups regularly. Keep at least one verified copy offsite and secured.
2. Invest in a comprehensive backup stragtey. Consult your service provider about the right backup solution for you.
3. Back up and verify your data before performing any system upgrade.
4. Invest in an Uninterupptible Power Supply (UPS) for all your computer equipment to protect against power spikes, blackouts and other power issues.
5. Turn off external storage devices only after shutting down the computer to avoid possible directory corruption from occurring.
6. Purchase an anti-virus solution. Subscribe to the automatic update feature to limit the opportunity of being infected by a new virus.
7. Do not move a drive while it is operating. Physical damage could occur resulting in data loss.
8. Provide adequate space around your computer equipment to allow for circulation and cooling.
9. If the drive was previously in a very cold environment, allow it to warm up to room temperature before operating.
10. If you hear unusual noises, turn off the unit immediately because those sounds may indicate a mechanical problem that could result in data loss. Call DriveSavers at 800.440.1904 for your free estimate - make sure you give them the reference number DS26705 for imageTech Marketing for your special discount!
You will need:
- make/model of your computer
- operating system you are using
- physical capacity of your failed hard drive or digital storage device
- symptoms leading up to data loss
- recovery attempts that have been made
- names of the most important files you wish to recover
Feel free to contact Cj at imageTech Marketing for more information about data recovery!